Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I Have Learned This Semester

This semester Summer 2013 I took Intro to Communication, English Comp, Algebra, and Keyboarding. Here is what I learned or didn't learn as the case may be.

Communications

I learned how to take and upload videos using a camcorder. I did not however learn to do it well. There have been some interesting videos of the ground and the sky. Also of my feet. It's like "Look at my pretty socks!" 

I have not learned how to communicate or speechify any better than I already did. If there's one thing Maggi knows how to do it is communicate.

English Comp

I learned how to ummmmmmm.....blog I guess. I did learn how important a quality teacher is. I also learned that even in an online setting people will come to me for help.

I can't even begin to tell you all the things I didn't learn in that class.

MOVING ON!

Algebra

I learned that algebra sucks. It gives me violent tendencies.OK I know I had violent tendencies before but that's not the point now is it? And it's a lot easier if you watch the videos that you didn't realize were available. Lucky me I figured this out on the very last day before finals. Since I taught myself how to do it all by studying problems I'd say I EARNED my B.

I did not learn anything that I believe will be helpful to me ever.

Keyboarding

I learned a ton in this class. I now know how to type properly. I also learned a few basics in Word. I may decide to take a similar class later to build on what I learned here.

Every single assignment was a learning experience here so I feel comfortable avoiding the things I didn't learn part.

So it was an interesting semester. I can't wait to see what next semester holds.

No comments: