Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Destiny Church Rocks

There are a lot of reasons why I love my church. I thought I should list some of them out. 

1. The level of involvement for everyone. There is always something going on. There is always a way to volunteer and be involved. Over this last weekend there was a fundraiser for our youth. This coming weekend we will be redoing an elementary school library (you know that is a project close to my heart) and doing touch ups to the school building. That is just a very small sampling of all the things the church does.

2. The incredible community outreach. We do things for the community as well as minister to the community. And we try to make it as fun as possible. Community wide Easter egg hunt? We did it. Bouncy houses at the Fourth of July jam? Done. What’s next? Adopt a school! All over it. And those are just the big things. 

3. Accepting people no matter what their past holds. We all have one. No one is perfect. Our church has people from all walks of life. And every one of them is treated equally. And even though we’re all going to stumble you’re still welcome.

4. The music. There is nothing like dragging into church on a Sunday morning not quite awake and ending up pumped up by the amazing music. Happens every time.

5. And last but most important are the people. You make friendships and have people looking out for you even when you don’t realize it. On Sunday my headlights were on because my new car has an extra long timer. I was told about it because people recognized my new car. The car that I forget what it looks like regularly. And then they kept an eye on it to make sure they went out and I didn’t end up with a dead battery. If you say you’re having a bad day you immediately have people asking what they can do. Praying for you. And cheering you up. 

I am so glad I took the time to find a church that feels like home.

No comments: