Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Shadow

I was pushing my patient in his wheelchair today. I try to do this everyday. I was feeling awesome and fit because pushing a 100+ pound person for two hours ain't easy. Heck walking all by your lonesome for two hours is no picnic.

I'm bopping along enjoying the beautiful weather and fresh air. Rocking out to the music coming out of my headphones. Pretty much just loving life. Then I make the mistake of looking down. There, on the ground,  is my shadow.

I look like one of those weeble's wobble guys from Alice In Wonderland. The Disney psychadelic version; not the Tim Burton-I must turn everything into a nightmare-version.

At this point my brain has split into two parts. The first is freaking out because it looks like someone shoved ships sails down the side of my pants. The other is trying to figure out what those weeble guys are called. I know me; this will drive me crazy until I figure it out or my ADHD kicks in and I'm off to obsessing about something else.

Hmmmmm...now that I think about it my mind is a lot like Alice's Wonderland...just less acid trippy.

Focus Maggi focus! You are trying to tell a story here.

Meanwhile, in  the past, I am freaking out. Must not sob uncontrollably in front of patient. This is generally seen as unprofessional. Crunches! I must do crunches! No more carbs! No more cake! No more food! I will never eat again until I am skinny and concave!

Or......I could just shift to the right. Problem solved! No more shadow! Whew that was close!

Where is the cake??

No comments: