Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blog Reflection

Our final English Comp assignment is to reflect on our blog up to now. So here it is....

I have enjoyed this ongoing assignment very much. I have made it into a very interactive process with my friends and family. I have been known to avoid doing other assignments in order to work on the 3 or 4 ongoing posts I'm usually doing.

If I have an idea on something that would make a good blog I immediately write it down. Usually along with a few key points I have come up with at the same time. Then I go back and flesh out the middle stuff. I've heard it said that it's all middle. Which honestly is usually where you find the good stuff. I mean isn't that the point of Oreos?

It's a good thing I do it that way because there have been lots of days where the inspiration just wouldn't come. Even with a blog idea the middle stuff wasn't jumping out at me. So I would go to my handy trove of unpublished posts and voila a post! This generally happens on Mondays. Of course by Monday night I'm usually back at it.

Otherwise, my process involves a lot of staring into space. I tend to edit as I go along because I can see what has been written in my head. My brain has CGI effects similar to the touchscreen monitors on NCIS LA. I also try to make sure that all my blog posts are interesting. My default is funny or amusing but even the serious posts should be interesting. There is nothing I dislike more than reading something that is dull and dry. I will not subject my readers to that.

I don't know that I have actually learned anything from this assignment. It has awakened my creative side though. I plan on continuing to blog well into the future. To me that is much more important.

No comments: