Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blog Ideas

People always ask me where do you get your blog ideas? OK no one has ever asked me that. Mostly because the one person who reads my blog everyday probably already knows. Hi Kana! (waves wildly)

 I have a very involved and scientific process for coming up with these gems on a daily basis. And since I like you, imaginary reader that lives in my head, I am going to share this process with you.


  1. Lay down in bed the night before blog is due. Come up with brilliant blog idea and first paragraph. Decide not to get up and write it down because of course I will remember even though in the entire history of my life this has never happened.
  2. Wake up having blissfully forgotten what a blog even is or that I am supposed to write one
  3. Sit down in front of the computer, open up folder to To Do list, and curse creatively and expressively in my head (it doesn't count if you don't say it out loud)
  4. Post plea on Facebook for blog ideas. This hasn't as of yet been helpful but I hold out hope.
  5. Google blog ideas. This is extremely unhelpful. Someone should write a letter of complaint. I can't because I have to write a blog post.
  6. Stare off into space wondering if I should do something productive-like Algebra
  7. Wonder if Algebra is actually lowering my IQ
  8. Decide that Algebra can wait...forever if I have my way.
  9. Think of an absolutely HILARIOUS line..type it out...this leads to more sentences.
  10. Blog is done YAY!


Sometimes line 9 is Google funny pictures, Google random words, (obviously Google is essential to my creative process...maybe they'd be interested in a tie-in deal) or be struck by sudden inspiration. All in all this is how it works. If you follow these ten easy steps you too can blather on like an idiot. At least the reader in my head likes it.

No comments: