Thursday, August 15, 2013

Guns Guns Guns

I had a request for a blog about my views on gun ownership. Alright I am all over that! Wait...what exactly are my views on gun ownership?

My first thought was GUNS FOR EVERYONE! But then I thought, "Is that really true?" With a little more thought I realized that means a gun for my grandma. No thank you. I mean she already has a gun but I doubt it will fire. I do not relish the day she shoots herself or me. And we haven't even started on the no guns for felons policy, which I am behind completely.

So we are down to GUNS FOR SOME PEOPLE! But, what about the stupid people??? No guns for stupid people. Once again I don't want to get shot.

GUNS FOR A FEW PEOPLE! But, only the people I approve like my family. Ummmm....wait I know my family. Those people are crazy. No guns for them.

GUNS FOR MAGGI! Yeah that'll work.


In reality I believe that with the proper training, along with following the law, everyone should have the right to own a gun. The right to own a gun also means you have the right to NOT own a gun. It is all about the freedom of choice. That freedom can and should be taken away if you choose to become a felon. Everyone in my family has been trained in the proper handling of firearms and other weapons from a young age. We all graduated from hunter safety courses as soon as we were old enough. And we were taught not to touch them without adult supervision.

No comments: