Monday, August 5, 2013

Destiny

Do you know what your destiny is? What your purpose in life is? I do. Mine I mean. I have no idea what yours is. I don't even know who is reading this right now. Your destiny is your own problem. This is about me silly. Well actually it's about both of us.

My destiny, my greater purpose, is to help other people. I sometimes joke that I am changing the world one person at a time. I am not a world changer. It is not outside the realm of possibility that the people I help could be though. There is no way to know what the ripple effects of one act can be.

I believe that every person has a purpose. You may go to your grave not knowing what that purpose is. Your purpose may be to be the great grandparent of a great leader. Do you know who Abraham Lincoln's great grandparents were? I don't think anyone does. But, without them George Washington would not exist.

What if your destiny is touching the life of someone else? Let's say you are a volunteer little league coach and you are the only positive role model a child has. That child could go on to become someone important or could keep out of a life of crime because they had you as a role model.

Living your destiny is not always easy. It may take you out of your comfort zone. It may cost you friends, family, money, or comfort. On the other hand it may bring you riches, fame, or love. You will never know until you embrace it and pursue it. I can't promise it will be easy. I can't even promise you'll know what it is. But, I can promise whether it is evident in your lifetime or not; it will be worth it.



No comments: