Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Exercise: It's Good For You Or Something

This is me at church on the Sundays I work with the 4 and 5 year olds. The stairs to get up to their classroom are completely insane. They're like expert level are you kidding me. But this made me think....Let's talk about exercise!

When it comes to me and exercise (or me and pretty much everything in life) I'm all or nothing. I'm either lying in bed with no will to go on or I'm running a marathon. OK that's not accurate I don't do marathons. I don't even run without lots of prior planning and the proper equipment. But it's a metaphor so get over it.

Exercising can be dangerous and hazardous to my health. I sit on a yoga ball at home and at work every day. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have almost fallen off of it. There was also the one time that I actually did. I ended up with a bruise the size of a football and a five inch gash on my booty. Now I know why you are supposed to check with your doctor BEFORE you start an exercise program. This way they know what you look like before the accidental mutilation begins.

But even though you're going to look like a cat someone threw into the shower when you're done. And there's a potential for massive injury in the form of future humiliating stories. You will feel amazing. And really that's all that matters right?

EXERCISE FOR EVERYONE!


No comments: