Monday, August 26, 2013

A Week In The Life: Day 1

I have decided to walk you through a week in my life. Some days will be a post all by itself. The boring days will be bundled together. Enjoy.

Sunday 

6:50 am Wake up realizing that it is WAY too light outside. I forgot to plug my phone in last night so it is completely dead. I run around trying to find it. It is in bed with me...I have no idea how this happened and I don't have time to question it. Snap the leash on Houdini and we take off for the backyard. He decides he can't wait for me to open the door and nearly rips my fingers off.

Imagine this part with me running at warp speed:

Shower, hair, clothes. Take out trash, feed deer/birds, bring in newspaper. Text Shay to find out if she is feeling up to going to church. Realize stove is broken, curse whatever broke the stove because this will be all my fault, leave note for grandma that stove is broken, microwave eggs, eat eggs while walking around doing last minute details. Get in car and start driving. Get text from Shay that she is driving herself to church. Call Shay to yell at her because she's not supposed to be driving. Pull up at her house. Stop and get gas. Aaaaaannnndddd....we're at church. It is now 8:20. 

Talk to all the wonderful people that we get to see every Sunday. One wonderful lady brought me a bag of vegetables from her garden. This was the best surprise. The preacher's sermon was about not being normal because normal nowadays is over-scheduled and never take time for yourself, your family, or God. He also mentioned something about some people not being normal in a different way. At this point all my friends looked at me. Ha jokes on them I have no interest in being "normal." 

First service is over so I must drive Shay home and come back for second service where I play with the kids for an hour and a half. It's a tough gig but I make the sacrifice every week. This involves a lot of jumping around, yelling, and giggling. That's just the adults. The kids are a little more somber.

I run off to meet my mom at the scheduled place and at the scheduled time. Instead she shows up an hour late. We go to Shay's house for two reasons. 
  1. She is giving me a bed
  2. My mom is teaching her to crochet
While Mom works on that crocheting thing Zachery and I move the bed out to the truck.Evidently my son needs to move furniture more often. He did great for a first timer though. Shay informs me I need to learn to crochet because it is relaxing. My mother informs her that even though I know HOW to crochet I do not crochet because it stresses me out and could cause a nuclear fallout. I have come to the conclusion that I would've made a terrible frontier wife and would have required my own wife.

Off we went to the zoo.On the way we had a discussion about what should be done if a bad guy tells you they will shoot your parents if you don't leave with them quietly. The answer...call their bluff. If they actually shoot your parent then that parent would happily give their life to save yours.

 My two year old niece had never been to the zoo before. Seeing someone discover the zoo for the first time was a blast. Videos were taken so we will remember forever. 

Off to Sam's Club so my mom can exchange something. We snuck in right as they were locking the doors and received attitude from the exchange lady.

Get back to my house. My grandmother asks me what I'm going to do about fixing the stove. Like I'm a handyman. Unless the stove needs CPR we are outside of my area of expertise. My mom comes to the rescue and fixes the fuse that apparently only runs the stove. Who wires a house like that? 

So we move the new bed in and the old bed to the shed. I make my mom take a picture of the dogs while they were on their leashes because my grandma wants to paint them. It's the only time I can get them head to head. Or...whatever I don't know. Pictures were taken. Z, my son, scared the crap out of me as the dogs and I took off down the road. My earbuds turned him into a ninja.

After our walk I sat down to write this while watching Whose Line Is It Anyway. This is quality TV and I'm thrilled it's back on. Now it's bedtime in my new bed. 

This was my Sunday.



No comments: