Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jung Typology Test


            I took the Jung personality test yesterday. It said I am an ENfJ personality. That stands for Etraverted  iNtuitive Feeling Judging. Famous ENFJs are Bill Clinton (U.S. President), Tony Blair (Prime Minister of Great Britain), Clara Barton (Red Cross Founder), and Ronald Regan (U.S. President.) Oh, I can feel the power!
            ENFJs are charismatic, have great interpersonal skills, are helpers and enablers, and are multi-taskers. On the downside we tend to neglect ourselves for others, are at risk of getting hurt, and have a habit of taking on more of others burdens than we can bear. All of this is true of me, so true that it is spooky.
            I am a people person. I have the gift of gab. I am very persuasive. For this reason ENJFs do best in customer service and sales careers.  That is only true in person though. I hate talking on the phone and my short stint in phone sales did not make me rich. I have a natural inclination to take care of people. I also have always been a natural multi-tasker. It is actually impossible for me to do one thing at a time. I suppose it’s a good thing I became a nurse as nursing encompasses all of these traits.
            But, there’s always a flip side. The statistics for nurses who suffer burnout from taking on too much emotionally, physically, and from overwork are astronomical. The dark side of nursing is that a large percentage of nurses are alcoholics, drug addicts, and in abusive relationships. This is because nurses tend to put everyone before themselves and want to fix everyone. I am guilty of this myself.  This is why I have a history of unhealthy relationships.
            So, how does all of this affect me as a writer and a student? I think my people skills and the gift of gab makes my writing entertaining. Unfortunately entertainment isn’t always appropriate which makes serious and somber papers more difficult for me. Being a multi-tasker is infinitely helpful as a student. I am able to juggle all the classwork with ease. But, I have to be careful not to take on more than I can handle. I have to make sure I focus on myself and my education rather than everyone else’s problems.
            All in all I found this information interesting. Even though it didn’t teach me anything new about myself.

           

            

No comments: