Tuesday, June 25, 2013

horrible day

 I woke up thinking today would be just like any other day. Then as it turned out I was running late for work. So, I'm running around trying to get to work as quickly as possible. I remember thinking while I was in the shower that I needed to start saving up for a new car. As I'm driving down the highway my car makes a vaguely odd noise. Before I could even finish the thought, "Hmmm...that sounds odd,"  my car makes a horrible gut wrenching KABLANG! I literally felt the transmission kick all the way down the car. White and grey smoke is pouring out from under the hood. I manage to make it to the right shoulder and turn on my flashers.

     I immediately start making phone calls. I can't call work because the answering service will answer. I might as well not waste my time. I call my patient's mom and leave a voice mail. Then I start calling my mom. First her cell, then her home phone, then her husband's cell, then her cell. Her cell again and again and again. Finally I left her a not so nice voice mail. Luckily my best friend answered HER phone and came to pick me up.

     When she got there I sent her to get a basket to put all the junk from my car in. I didn't want to leave my car because the way my luck was going they would have towed it with all my stuff inside. At this point I've been sitting on the side of the road for an hour and a police office finally stops to see if I need help. Then he left me there. 

     I went to my bank to see about getting a car loan. What they didn't tell me is it would take 2-3 days to decide whether or not I qualify. Ummmm....I need a car now not next week. I can't do my job without a car. On to option two which is being turned down by a regular car lot. 

     Option 3 a Buy Here Pay Here We Don't Care About Your Credit Because We Will Charge You Three Times As Much lot. The good news is I got a trade in for my sad blown up car. So now I have an increase in my insurance and a car payment. Oh and I have to pay the library for the book on tape CD that the CD player kept as some sort of sacrifice.

      How did this week end up with two Mondays?

No comments: